12 August 2008

Madden 09


Through the years, Madden is the only video game that I have consistently played (NHL 95 was great, tho- breaking heads, fighting, dekes...) and I always look forward to its release. I picked up my copy last night (this morning?) at 12:05 a.m. I got home, put it in, and off I went...


So here is my rant. Rosters on the game are never completely accurate, but there are a few head scratchers. For example, WR Chris Henry is listed as a free agent even though he is suspended for the first 4 games of the season by the NFL. Pacman "Making it Rain" Jones is not in the game at all. Before you start screaming "homer!" (for the Cowboys, not the fat yellow man), I can understand not including a player currently under suspension from the league. But how can you include the "One Man Crime Spree" and exclude Pacman? Pacman has a far better shot of actually playing this season than does Henry.
But the coup-de-gras is this: Michael Strahan and Brett Favre retired around the same time. Favre is on the cover of the game. Yet Gap Tooth is still listed on the Giants roster while Favre is not in the game AT ALL! WTF?!?!
I realize that rosters were set months ago, but still. How hard is it to add a player? In previous years, undrafted rookies appeared in the free agent pool as did retired players. I am completely outraged that EA couldn't stop production long enough to at least get Favre in the game, regardless of the team. HE'S THE FUCKING COVER BOY!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Kenny R said...

I assmue you can create players? Get off your tail and make em!

Anyway, how's the actual gameplay, rant boy? ;)

Wolfe said...

I haven't actually played a game yet...too much O-lympics. BTW, Johnathan Ogden is on the Ravens, but Warren Sapp is not in the game.

Kenny R said...

That is rather weird...