27 January 2009

Disappointment

I think the saying goes something like" if it happens twice it's a coincidence. If it happens three times it's a pattern", or some such thing. Well, after tuning in to the second half of the Mayland game tonight vs. Boston College (against my better judgement- I watched the first half of the Duke debacle on Saturday), I have come to this conclusion: Maryland sucks. How the Terps fell from National Champions in 2002 to NIT first round elimination locks in 2009 is beyond me.

But I do know this: If Maryland is up by double digits at halftime, they will lose. Maryland has now blown that big of a lead 4 times in the last 5 games (the 5th game being vs Duke, when they almost didn't SCORE double digits.) Miami, Florida State, Virginia, and now BC. While they rallied to beat UVA, they squandered huge leads in the other games. This is unacceptable. I can deal with MD not having the horses to keep up with the UNC's and Duke's of the world, losing to basketball also-rans after blowing huge leads is the final straw.

Gary must go.

No comments: